Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Is There A Dr. In The House?

Has anyone ever noticed, as you grow older, the more you frequent a doctor's office? I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol and allergies. I never anticipated the need for regular visits, drawing blood and checking my cholesterol status. To add injury to insult, my doctor finally tired of refilling my prescriptions every couple of months without seeing me. Imagine that!

I finally cried "uncle" and went in this morning. Discovered my blood pressure was 140/94. Hmmm kinda high. Good ole doc, raised my proscription for the blood pressure med. Out of the whole visit, I was happy to find out I had lost three pounds since my last visit. Mental note: Keep up the good work.

After work I headed to the my local Riteaid to find my pharmacist confused. My doctor had renewed all of my prescriptions. Of course, it wasn't time to have all of them filled. . . still had some left. I had to explain what had happened and it took a while to sort everything out. Such a mundane everyday event turned dramaful. What can be said of a Tuesday?

P.S. I ordered two cakes from Kings today: Guava and Haupia. Yummy for the tummy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home